Develop friendships • Build simple skills • Exercise • Fun
My Summer Journey is a summer program for teens on the autism spectrum, ages 13-19. Our fun-filled days help keep kids in a routine that can make the transition back to school much easier. The focus of the program is to make new friends along with working on life and social skills.
- June 12th to 16th session (Otte Golf, Franklin Skate, Hi-way Lanes)
- June 19th to 23rd session (Going to a movie, Silly Safari, Haven Hope)
- June 26th to 30th session (Westside Park and Franklin pool)
My Summer Journey will meet Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm during June 2023. Participants will meet and be picked up at Earlywood Education Center in Franklin each day. My Summer Journey will have a themed curriculum along with several community outings throughout the session. Each session cost $150 per week (private pay.) Participants must be able to attend the full week and can register for multiple sessions as long as the session has not reached the limit of participants.
Individuals who will benefit from My Summer Journey:
- Enjoy and are successful in small group settings. The participant to counselor ratio is 4:1.
- Can participate in group activities for 10-15 minutes.
- Possess communication skills to express wants and needs.
- Are independent with personal hygiene.
- Do not require 1:1 behavioral support.
- Are not a flight risk.
ACC can provide financial assistance to a limited number of families who cannot afford to pay the fees who want to participate with My Summer Journey. To request a financial assistance application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download My Summer Journey flyer to share.
We are looking for highly qualified My Summer Journey Assistants. Follow this link for the job description. If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Kelli Higgins, Executive Director at email@example.com.